Monday 16 August 2010

Is summer over already!?

Urgh, today was a boring day. I came to the realisation that my summer holidays finish very, very soon. After it's over, its back for a final year of college, filled with difficult exams, an extremely long and tedious computing project and worst of all - university preparation! The idea of going to university seems a bit scary to me, but mainly just a large effort. Moving out, a new home, making new friends, learning the new area, fending for yourself, harder work with less guidance... It sounds like such a drag. I'm sure others may be very excited about the idea of freedom, but I really cannot be bothered with all of that. But I suppose it'll help me get on step closer to a great job, maybe. Who knows; considering the current state of the country? And no, I cannot just say "no" to university, otherwise I'm kicked out of the house.

Speaking of a tedious computing project, I finally got started on the prep. work for it. Yes, I was given summer work to do. And what a drag it is... It's mainly just copying down a lot of computer code and guessing. We were given a text book, entirely written by our new computing teacher, but it is too advanced for us right now! It's extremely hard to make heads or tails of it, so the work is just that much longer and more difficult.

Also on the note of exams, my results day is on Thursday. These are for my A-Level subjects. I haven't really thought too much of it over the past weeks, but it's slowly starting to worry me. I know I didn't do great in my exams, but how badly did I do? I don't want to know really, but I guess I have to, in order to get into the second year of college... My family are also going to be eager to find out... just great.

This is going to be a looooooooong week.

No comments:

Post a Comment