Saturday 14 August 2010

Maybe next time.... or not.

Hi again. The Halo 3 tournament that my team and I entered has ended for us. We got to the Quarter-Finals, but then got knocked out by some extremely good players. For our first ever tournament, I'd say that's fairly respectable. I also made a few new friends out of this tournament too, so didn't exactly go away empty handed!

Now I would say "maybe next time", but as the title of this post suggests, probably not. Halo: Reach is just around the corner; 14th September is the release date. The game is a prequel to the entire Halo story arc, and is the last Halo game by the original developers, Bungie. It's my number 2 on my 'Most anticipated games of 2010' list. The game uses the same 'Halo' formula, but changes it just enough to make it a fresh, new experience. The addition of Armour Abilities such as 'Jetpack', 'Sprint' and 'Evade' help change the fighting style in the midst of a fire-fight, but the old weapons help keep things 'Halo-style'.

This fresh start will give my team and me a new starting point along with all other Halo 3 experts and rookies alike. With enough training, we may feel confident enough to enter another tournament someday! But early days yet; let's wait until the game releases first.

If you're still curious about my number 1 anticipated game of 2010, you'll have to wait. I'm going to save that for another day. For now, I'm off. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment